The Renault plant at Cacia has been producing gearboxes and mechanical components for the automotive industry ever since the site opened in 1981. Located close to Aveiro, it has the benefit of excellent transport links which encourage its economic development. All of its output is exported to 12 countries on four continents.
- FOUNDED IN: 1981
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société Anonyme (limited company) fully owned by Renault Portuguesa
- ACTIVITY: Powertrains
- WORKFORCE: 1,019 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 30 ha, o/w 7 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001-2000, labels SMR et RHP
- ADDRESS: Renault CACIA, Lugar da Junqueira, 3800-640 Cacia, Portugal
- TELEPHONE: + 351 234 301 300
- Machining and assembly of JR and ND gearboxes and engines
- Mechanical components for gearboxes
- Gearboxes: 601 910 units
- 1981: creation of the Cacia plant.
- 1996: start-up of activity for constructors outside the Renault group and ISO 9002 certification awarded.
- 1999: subsidiarization of the plant.
- 2000: ISO 14001 certification awarded.
- 2001: concentration of the activities for the Renault Nissan Alliance, with the manufacture of ND casings and gearboxes.
- 2002: JB gearbox production discontinued, start-up of the JR gearbox production and 9001-2000 certification awarded.
- 2006: 25th anniversary of Cacia Plant.
- 2007: launch of JR gearbox production.
- 2008: launch of ND4 gearbox production.
- 2009: award ceremony « Rationalization of energy » by EDP (Electricity of Portugal).
- 2010: the capacity increase of the manufacturing of gearboxes.
- 2011: 30th anniversay of Cacia Plant, 6,5 million gearboxes produced.
- 2014: increased capacity for H5 parts and new projects (M9T Gen4 balancer shafts and H4 distribution housing).
- 2016: visit of the Portuguese Prime Minister and signature of the Competitiveness Agreement.
- 2018: T4 Gearbox project announced during the visit of the Prime Minister.
- 2019: preparing the new JT4 Gearbox project.