Built in 1978, the Palencia plant is the most recent Groupe Renault unit to have been set up in Spain. It manufactures the Mégane, the emblematic vehicle of the Renault brand, and the Kadjar SUV. Exporting between 85 and 90% of its products to more than fifty countries, Palencia is part of Renault’s strategy of international growth.
- FOUNDED IN: 1978
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société Anonyme (limited company) fully owned by Renault Espana SA
- ACTIVITY: bodywork-assembly
- WORKFORCE: 2,378 at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 166 ha, o/w 35 ha of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001
- ADDRESS: Renault Palencia, Carretera Nacional 611, km 3.5, 34190 Villamuriel de Cerrato, Palencia, Spain
- TELEPHONE: + 34 979 78 90 00
Mégane 4, Mégane 4 Estate, Mégane 4 RS, Kadjar
- Mégane 4: 77 647 units
- Mégane 4 Estate: 50 810 units
- Kadjar: 111 669 units
- 1951: creation of the Fabrication Automobiles SA company (FASA).
- 1978: creation of the Palencia plant for the manufacturing of Renault 12 and Renault 18 models.
- 1979: manufacturing of the Renault 14 model begins.
- 1981: manufacturing of the Renault 9 and the Renault 11 models begins.
- 1986: manufacturing of the Renault 21 model begins.
- 1988: manufacturing of the Renault 19 model begins.
- 1993: manufacturing of Laguna begins.
- 1994: manufacturing of Mégane begins.
- 2003: manufacturing of Mégane II hatch sport hatch, and sport tourer begins.
- 2007: production of the first car running on ethanol (Mégane E85).
- 2008: launch of Mégane III production.
- 2010: launch of production Mégane III GT.
- 2014: six millionth vehicle produced at Palencia on 30 April.
- 2015: start of production of Kadjar and Mégane IV.
- 2016: annuel record production with 300,000 produced vehicles.
- 2017: launch of production of Mégane IV RS.
- 2018: 7 millions vehicles produced by Renault Palencia. Celebration of the factory's 40th anniversary.
- 2019: Start of production of Kadjar Phase II
- 2020: Start of production of Mégane Sport Tourer PHEV, and Megane IV Phase II.