FOUNDED IN: 1995
LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Company 80.1% owned by Renault and 19.9% by Samsung
ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly, powertrains, logistic platform, casting
WORKFORCE: 1,928 at December 31, 2020
AREA: 165 ha, o/w 53 ha of covered buildings
CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 14001, ISO 9001, ISO 17025
- Vehicles : Koleos/QM6, SM6, XM3/Arkana, Twizy
- Engines: MR20, MR18, HR13, HR16
- Foundry : Aluminium parts
- SM6: 8,040 units
- XM3 / Arkana: 37,554 units
- Koleos / QM6: 62,494 units
- Twizy: 2,562 units
- Engines: 99,264 units
- Aluminium casting: 2,175 tons
Back to the key dates
- 1995: creation of Samsung Motors Inc. and construction of the Busan plant in accordance with Nissan technology standards.
- 1998: manufacturing of SM5 begins.
- 2000: acquisition of the Korean group by Renault which holds 80,1% of the capital and creation of Renault Samsung Motors (RSM).
- 2002: manufacturing of SM3 begins.
- 2003: manufacturing of SM5 2004 begins.
- 2004: launch of SM3 CVTC 1.6(July) Launch of SM7 (December).
- 2005: new SM5 launched. SM3 New Generation start of sales.
- 2007: June 22, Start production of M4R Engine. Nov 15, Launch of QM5 (Koléos).
- 2008: start production of New SM3.
- 2009: start production of New SM5.
- 2011: start production of New SM7, New QM5 (Koléos).
- 2013: start production of SM3 ZE (Fluence ZE).
- 2014: start production of Nissan Rogue for North America.
- 2016: start production of SM6, start production of QM5.
- 2017: 300 000 unit production of Nissan Rogue.
- 2018: production of 3 million vehicles since 2000.
- 2019: Start of production of Twizy.
- 2020: start of production of XM3/Arkana.
185 Shinho Industrial Complex,
+ 82 519 79 70 00