Purchased by Groupe Renault in 1999, the Mioveni plant has become a benchmark for industrial complexes, consisting of a bodywork-assembly unit, a mechanical and chassis unit, a foundry and a logistics platform. It produces vehicles for the Global Access programme, a pillar of the Group’s internationalisation strategy, and mechanical components. 90% of the production from the vehicles plant is exported.
- FOUNDED IN: 1968
- LEGAL FORM AND CAPITAL OWNERSHIP: Société Anonyme (limited company), 99.43 % owned by Renault
- ACTIVITY: Bodywork-assembly, mechanical and chassis, replacement parts, logistics platform
- WORKFORCE: 10,980 employees at December 31, 2019
- AREA: 288 hectares, o/w 62 hectares of covered buildings
- CERTIFICATIONS: ISO 9001, ISO 14 001 (version 2015), label SMR
- ADDRESS: Pitesti manufacture, Str. Uzinei n°1, Mioveni 115400, Arges, Roumania
- TELEPHONE: + 40 248 502 111
- Vehicles: Logan 2, Logan 2 MCV, Logan 2 MCV Stepway, Sandero 2, Sandero 2 Stepway, Duster 2.
- Mechanical components: Engines: K7M, H4Bt, H4Da; Gearboxes: TL4, TL8, TS4; Chassis: front axles;
- Foundry: Aluminium.
Assembly Plant production:
- Sandero 2: 35 188 units
- Logan 2: 34 241 units
- Logan 2 MCV: 17 064 units
- Duster 2: 263 035 units
- Engines: 537 782 units
- Gearboxes: 441 789 units
- Front axles: 412 585 units
- Aluminum foundry: 25 423 tons
- Volume (export + import): 1 921 774 m3
- 1968: creation of the Dacia brand and inauguration of the Mioveni plant in August; production of the first R-8 under the name Dacia 1100.
- 1969: manufacturing of the Dacia 1300 saloon (Renault 12) begins.
- 1973: manufacturing of the Dacia 1300 estate begins.
- 1976: Dacia Pick-up, first vehicle autonomously produced.
- 1983: manufacturing of the Dacia 1302 and 1304 Drop-Side begins.
- 1990: manufacturing of the Dacia 1325 Liberta 5-door begins.
- 1992: manufacturing of the Dacia 1307 and 1309 Double Cab begins.
- 1995: restructuring of Auto Dacia into seven subsidiaries. Dacia Nova, first model wholly Romanian-designed.
- 1998: 2,000,000th Dacia produced.
- 1999: Renault takes a 51% controlling interest in Dacia.
- 2000: Renault raises its stake to 73.29% and then to 80.14%. Manufacturing of the SuperNova with a Renault powertrain.
- 2001: Renault raises its stake to 92.72%.
- 2002: manufacturing of the diesel Pick-up range (with Renault F8Q engine).
- 2003: Renault raises its stake to 99%. Manufacturing of Solenza begins.
- 2004: june 2: Unveiling of Logan. July 21: Discontinuation of Dacia saloon and estate production.
- 2005: Solenza production discontinued. 100,000th Logan manufactured.
- 2006: october: launch of Logan MCV, break version.
- 2009: launch of Sandero Stepway.
- 2010: launch of Dacia Duster in Geneva Motorshow. Millionth Logan manufactured.
- 2013: manufacturing of TL gearbox no.1 000 000.
- 2014: Dacia celebrates its 15 years within the group Renault and the 10 years of Logan in Romania.
- 2015: 3,000,000 vehicles sold since the launch of Logan; Launch of the new Logan Prestige; 500,000 Energy TCe engines; 10th anniversary of ILN Mioveni.
- 2016: 3,000,000 JH gearboxes. Production of Logan II, Logan II MCV, Sandero II and Sandero Stepway II.
- 2017: production of Logan MCV Stepway and Dacia Duster 2.
- 2018: Dacia and the Mioveni factory celebrate their 50th Anniversary; Launch of the 1.3 TCe 130CP and 150 CP engine.
- 2019: 4,700,000 vehicles produced since Groupe Renault’s purchase of Dacia; 3 million TLx gearboxes, 2 million TCe engines.